The GEP in ACS(P) is anchored on the school’s twin pillars of intellectual development (Cognitive Domain) and character building (Affective and Social Domains).
The pupils’ intellectual potential are developed through enriched subjects under the able hands of our team of GEP teachers.
Although the GEP Civics and Moral Education programme caters to the affective development of the pupils, the department has developed a systematic 3-year Values in Action programme. The pupils also participate in the school’s Pastoral Care programme to learn about the school values.
Primary pupils enter the GEP at P4. All P3 pupils are invited to sit the GEP Screening Test in English Language, Mathematics and general ability.
The goals of the GEP are to:
- develop intellectual depth and higher level thinking
- nurture productive creativity
- develop attitudes for self-directed lifelong learning
- enhance aspirations for individual excellence and fulfilment
- develop a strong social conscience and commitment to serve society and nation
- develop moral values and qualities for responsible leadership